Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How Bad Do You Want It?




Hey Everyone!

So, a few weeks ago I wrote an entry about the retreat I was going on and how I was going expecting to receive and, my oh my, God certainly showed up!

The group that I traveled with (Team Matt T.!!) worked really hard during the day to make sure that we produced a sincere and real worship experience and because of this, not only were the young people blessed (it was a youth retreat), but we each received a blessing also! Personally, the thing God kept whispering to me over and over and over and over and over again was "How Bad Do You Want it? ...let your faith prove it!"

This is so simple, yet extremely profound. Personally, I'm the type to think things out to the TEE before going through with anything. Everything has to be organized and most importantly, logical, before I go forth. However, this frame of mind, puts limits on God. I'm essentially saying, "God, you can only do A if X, Y, and Z are in order", when in actuality, God can do what he wants, move how he wants, and seriously blow my mind if he wants to, IF I have the faith to see it done.

Since the retreat (we came back on Friday morning), I've been playing with my faith. One of my closest friends, Matthew, said during devotions on the retreat that he is going to set faith goals and believe God 100% that he is going to come through and sure enough, the goals that he set, and that we set as a group, were met on the retreat. I came back home, and did the same thing and sure enough, God came through.

I don't plan on having it stop here. I am going to start making a conscious effort to take God out the box of logic that I have so delicately placed Him in, and instead, HAVE FUN WITH FAITH!

With that being said...
Is there anything that you want really badly? ...How bad do you want it? once, you've answered that question, let your faith prove it!

Be encouraged! =)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I heard a pastor say that he constantly has FAITH projects to prove God and strengthen his faith. Something we all should do m goin to make more of a conscious effort to do this as well. A few things I need Him to do.

    @dreday79

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it love it love it! Very inspirational. I agree with Andre B too about faith projects. The more we allow ourselves to stretch in faith the more we will see God do in our lives. He's too big for us to live so small.

    ReplyDelete