Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Enjoying Your Summer





Hello my darlings!



I hope you all are having a wonderful day thus far :)



I was recently thinking about something that my pastor has been saying for the past few Sundays that is SO simple, but SO profound: make sure to enjoy your summer.




A lot of times, we get caught up in our day to day lives; whether it be school, work, rehearsals, chores, etc. and forget to take time out to have fun! It's important to make sure your life is balanced with work AND fun. My pastor encouraged the congregation to go on vacations and if you can't do that, then do what he calls a "stay-cation", which is pretty much doing something fun right here in NYC (and there's TONS of stuff to do if you look into what's available, and lots of the stuff is FREE too!).




This summer I've become addicted to spades (whoot-whoot! lol) and as a result, I gather with a few friends maybe once a week and we get together to play in a backyard, basement, living room - pretty much wherever we can fit a table and 4 ppl lol. Also, I've made a point take advantage of $6 Tuesdays at movie theaters and other simple things that can totally enhance my days/summer.




If you know of any simple [or even more elaborate] things that can be done this summer, feel free to share it with us! We'd love to know.



Ok - I think that's all I have to say for now :)



ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment